Investigating Problem Reports
To investigate a problem:
- First, select the problem you want to investigate from the .
- From Edit menu, select Investigate.
- The will appear with the cursor positioned on the Actual Hours field for the investigation task.
- Enter the number of hours the investigation required. Tab to the next field.
- During the course of investigation you may have developed a more accurate estimate of the amount of time required to fix the problem. If would like to change the estimated time required to resolve the problem report, do it. Tab to the next field.
- If you want to change the estimated amount of time required for verification, do it. Tab to the next field.
- Your cursor will appear in the Problem Description Window, scroll down to the investigation section and describe the information collected during your investigation. This may include whether or not the problem is reproducible in the current version and a list of the modules will have to be modified to resolve the problem.
- When you are satisfied with all your entries, save them in the database using the Save button.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map