If you would like to collect standard data in problem reports for which PR-Tracker does not provide data entry fields, you can do this by using templates. A template causes standard text to be automatically entered into the problem
description edit box of a problem report each time a transaction is performed on the problem report. Templates can be created for each transaction.
To create a template do these steps:
- From the Setup menu, select Configure Current Project
- The Configure Project dialog will appear. Select the
- The Template Setup dialog will appear. The transactions that can be performed on a problem report will be listed on the left of the Template Setup dialog box. String macros, which can be used to build template, will also be listed.
- Select the Transaction (example: New, Assign, Postpone, Investigate, Resolve, etc...) whose template you would like to customize.
- The template for the selected transaction will appear in the edit box below. Edit it to suit your needs.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each transaction.
- Choose Ok to save your templates.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map