How To Setup File Sharing
By default, file sharing is enabled on Windows NT
workstation and server. However, you must be at least a Power User to share files.
If you are unable to share files, contact your computers administrator and ask them to
upgrade your user classification to Power User.
On Window 95/98 file sharing is disabled by default. To
enable file sharing on a Windows 95/98 machine, do these steps:
- Open the Windows Control Panel by pressing the Start button and select Settings
| Control Panel from the menu.
- Double-click the Network applet. The Network dialog
- On the Configuration tab of the Network
dialog, click button File and Print Sharing
. The File and Print Sharing dialog will appear.
- Check the box for I want to be able
to give other access to my files. Then click the OK button.
- On the Network dialog select tab Identification. Make a note
of the computer name.
- Press the OK button on the Network
dialog to apply the changes. You will probably be asked to reboot your computer
- After rebooting the computer verify that sharing has indeed
been enabled by right-clicking any folder. If sharing is enabled the popup menu will have Sharing... as an option.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map