Setting PRTRACKERDB Security On Windows XP
To set the PRTRACKERDB security on a Windows XP computer
do these steps:
- Right-click the PRTRACKERDB folder and select Properties
from the popup dialog. The PRTRACKERDB Properties dialog will be
- Click the Security tab on the dialog.
If there is no Security tab then PRTRACKERDB is not on an NTFS
- The users or groups of users that have access to the
directory will be listed in the dialog. If the group Authenticated Users
is not in the dialog, add it by clicking the Add button at the bottom of the dialog. The Select
User or Groups dialog will be displayed.
- In the Name box, type Authenticated Users to
add it to the list at the bottom of the dialog and then press the OK
button. This will add Authenticated Users to access control list in the dialog.
- Give full control to Authenticated Users
by checking Full Control in the Permissions box.
- Press OK to save changes.
For tighter security you could optionally create a
PR-Tracker Users group and use it instead of Authenticated Users. Or you could create
groups to control access to each project directory separately.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map