Setting PRTRACKERDB Security On Windows NT
To set the PRTRACKERDB security on a Windows NT computer
do these steps:
- Right-click the PRTRACKERDB folder and select Properties
from the popup dialog. The PRTRACKERDB Properties dialog will be
- Click the Security tab on the dialog.
If there is no Security tab then PRTRACKERDB is not on an NTFS
- Click the Permissions button on the Security
tab. The Directory Permissions dialog will be displayed.
- The users or groups of users that have access to the
directory will be listed in the dialog. If the group Authenticated Users
is not in the dialog, add it by clicking the Add button at the bottom of the dialog. The Add
Users and Groups dialog will be displayed.
- Double-click Authenticated Users in
the list. It will be added to the Add Names list below.
- Select Full Control from the Type
of Access combo box near the bottom of the dialog.
- Press the OK button. Now you will be
back at the Directory Permissions dialog.
- Check boxes for both Replace Permissions on
Subdirectories and Replace Permissions on Existing files.
- Press OK buttons on open dialogs to
For tighter security you could optionally create a
PR-Tracker Users group and use it instead of Authenticated Users. Or you could create
groups to control access to each project directory separately.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map