When entering problem reports you will want to specify the importance of a problem report by giving it a priority. PR-Tracker allows up to six priority categories. Examples of five recommended priority categories are as follows.
- Blocking -- this is a problem that must be fixed immediately because it is blocking work on the project.
- Critical -- this problem may result in damage such as loss of significant data or worse. It must be fixed before the product is shipped.
- Major -- this problem is a major functional defect and must be fixed before the product is shipped.
- Minor -- this problem is a minor functional defect that should be fixed before the product is shipped; however, fixing this problem can be omitted in order to meet deadlines.
- Low -- anything less important than minor.
To configure the priorities perform these steps:
- From the Setup menu, select Configure Current Project
- The Configure Project dialog will appear. Select the
- Enter a description into the text boxes for each priority number that you want to use. If you donít want to use a priority, leave the text box blank.
- To enable the new priorities choose Ok.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map