Creating a Local User on Windows 2000 server
the Windows Start menu select Programs | Administrative Tools |
Computer Management. If this menu item does not exist, you are either
not an administrator for the computer or the server is a domain controller
and you need to create a domain user
- From the Computer Management dialog, navigate to System Tools |
Local Users and Groups | Users on
the left panel; right click on Users and select New user from the
- In the New User dialog, enter prtracker, PR-Tracker
and Problem Tracking System for
the User name, Full name and Description, respectively.
- Uncheck box User must change password at next login and then check
box Password Never Expires.
- Click the Create button to create the user and then click Close
- Optional steps follow: double-click the prtracker username on the right
- From the prtracker Properties dialog, select tab Member Of
and click the Add button.
- From the Select Groups dialog double-click Administrators
and click the OK button.
Note that optional steps 6, 7 and 8 are only recommended if you plan to use
SQL Server as your database provider. Even if you do plan to use SQL Server as
the database provider, these steps are optional if you choose to configure the
server roles in SQL Server instead.
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map