How To Determine A Computer's Name
When computers are connected by a network, each computer must have a name. To determine
the name of a computer do these steps:
Windows 95, 98, NT
- Open the Windows Control Panel by pressing the Start button and select Settings |
Control Panel from the menu.
- Double-click the Network applet. The Network dialog should appear.
- Select the Identification tab of the Network dialog. The computer name will be displayed
in the dialog.
Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Server
- Right click My Computer on the desktop and select Properties from the popup menu. The
System Properties dialog will appear.
- Select the Network Identification tab. The computer name will be displayed on the
Bug tracking doesn't have to be complicated | Help | Site Map